I just wanted to share a couple pictures of the dollhouse I made my daughter for Christmas. I haven't seen any other pictures of the project completed and I hope it might be helpful to someone else looking for ideas.
This is the first project I have done. I added a 3rd floor to the plans so that we could have a large dollhouse family living there. I also added two half walls on the bottom floor for support and wall space.
I had the straight cuts done at the store and and did most of the other cutting with a borrowed jigsaw. After attempting the the 30 degree cuts at the roof peak with the jigsaw, and spending a couple of hours sanding, I took it to a friend who is a contractor and he cleaned it up on his miter saw. I believe the roof ended up about 1/2 in shorter than in the plans...thank goodness for the extra overhang!
One thing to note about the plans - Ana suggests screwing the roof on from the bottom of the eaves and up into the roof. I was unable to fit my drill in the space that was available and ended up screwing the roof on from the top down. Had it not been Christmas eve, my husband suggested buying an attachment for the drill which would have made it possible to screw from the inside. If you are thinking of doing this project be aware that you may need a drill attachment or you may need to screw the roof on from the top.