I decided to makeover my girls' room for a Christmas gift. I am hoping to get the simple closet organizer in sometime before the end of this month. The beds went well. In retrospect, I probably would have augmented the plans to allow for mounting the side rails into the center of the posts with some simple hardware. This would help them not to be so wide. They are very heavy! I used General Finishes Milk paint in snow white with water based minwax poly in satin for top coat. My dad helped me with these as he was determined to make them so that they could easily be taken apart. He fabricated the plates that were inserted into each post with nuts inset.