Easiest ever DIY bookshelf with modern industrial styling! Free step by step plans from ana-white.com
Pin For Later!
- 1 - 2x12 board, 8 feet long
- 96" of 1" x 1" aluminum angle
- 24 - 1-1/4" self tapping wood screws (yes you can use Kreg Jig screws)
- 4 - caster wheels (we used 4") with 16 screws to attach to base (can use the 1-1/4" screws if using the 2x thick shelves, just make sure your screws are short enough that they don't poke through the bottom shelf)
- 3 - 2x12 @ 31-1/2" (or length of your shelves)
- 4 - aluminum angle @ 24" (or desired height without casters of your shelf)
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.