I made this using plans submitted by pericles49. Thank you, pericles49!
I altered the design to use materials I had laying around, and changed the size to fit my space. That made it take a little longer - especially because changing the fastening pattern is still tricky for me - trying to keep screws from hitting each other.
I made mine a little deeper 27-1/2" instead of 24 on the plan.
- Landscape timbers I had laying around. To save on weight, and wood, I ripped a couple of the landscape timerbers down the middle.
- Roof - 5-V crimp tin roof
- 1x4 pine boards (2nds from other projects)
- 1x4 and 1x2 cyprus boards (2nds from a construction project)
What I'd do differently next time
- The weight of the firewood is resting on the screws that fasten the floor to the posts. Next time I'll make the wood support the weight, and the screws just hold it in place.