I knew I wanted some of these shelves in my daughter's room but it seems bedroom sizes in Australia are quite a bit smaller than the US! I couldn't spare a long wall to fill with books so chose this narrow space to the side of the window.
The length of time I took for this project was for several reasons:
* I was a total beginner!
* I had to cut all of the lengths of wood with a hand saw & sand with sandpaper wrapped around a block of wood.
* It took about 5 coats of paint to cover the wood properly.
I adjusted the measurements from Ana's plans to fit the smaller space & while daunted at first at the prospect of attaching things to walls, I was so thrilled with how they turn out. I'm looking forward to challenging myself with something a little more complex next (perhaps with some power tools this time to assist!).