Modified Rustic X Console

Submitted by Jeremyg84 on Sun, 12/24/2017 - 18:44

I loved the original design but wanted to learn new skills and use hardwood.

I used a combination of pocket holes, biscuits to align the plates and the frames, and figure 8 fasteners to attach the top.

At a VERY low pace (~1-2 hours every day), and many mistakes, it took me about two months to complete this project. If I had to do it again, it would probably take me two-three weeks at the same pace.

Overall, I learned a lot and am very pleased with the final results.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
Cherry for the top and shelves, fir for the frame
Finish Used
Frame - white acrylic paint, coated with wipe-on water based Minwax poly (to protect the paint)
Shelves- 3 layers of oil based wipe-on Minwax poly
Top- 3 layers of oil based wipe-on Minwax poly, then 3 layers of oil based brushed (fast drying) Minwax poly
Recommended Skill Level

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors