I took a shot at drawing up the bed from this collection: http://www.potterybarnkids.com.....droom-set/
It's the first thing I've drawn, so I'd really like to see if anyone has any suggestions. Things that look wrong, ways to make it easier or closer to the original, etc...
I know Ana has said she has drawn this one up, but I know she is busy and I wanted to play around with Sketchup anyway.
I can't get my picture to upload, so here's a link to it on flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/6.....513481750/
The dimensions are close to what's listed on PB, but not exact. This is for the twin bed, so hopefully the mattress will fit properly. It could be extended a bit if needed.
The basic idea I used was 3 1x3's for the leg posts, and I thought that the siderails could be slotted into the middle 1x3's and attached with brackets to make assembly easier. The only downside I saw to this was that the top of the posts might not look like all one piece once it's pieced together.
The back of the headboard has a matching 1x2 at the top, and a 1x4 at the bottom to match the front rail. Then there are 1x1 boards on the front rail and headboard to attach slats to.
Thanks for reading...if anyone sees any problems or has any inputs for me, I'd love to hear it. I'm not confident enough in it yet to build it, but my daughter will be needing a new bed soon :)