Free plans to build your own outdoor chair frame designed to fit deep seat cushions. This is an easy, beginner woodworking project that makes a very comfortable and sturdy patio lounge chair. Free step by step plans from Ana-White.com
Pin For Later!
Chair frame dimensions shown in diagram - designed for standard deep seat cushions.
- 5 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 2x2 @ 2 feet long (or rip down a 2x4 scrap)
- 50 - 3" self tapping wood screws
- Exterior finish (fence, deck or siding products)
- Deep seat cushion set (24" x 24" x 5" or 25" x 25" x 5" seat cushion)
- 2 - 2x4 @ 35-1/8" - arm rests
- 2 - 2x4 @ 32-1/4" both ends cut at 5 degrees off square, ends are parallel, long point to short point measurement - seat stringer
- 8 - 2x4 @ 24"
- 4 - 2x4 @ 20-1/2”
- 1 - 2x2 @ 24" (or rip a 2x4 scrap down to 1-1/2" wide and use)
Cut the longest boards first to fit all cuts on the 2x4 boards.
Attach the front apron with two screws per joint.
Measure back the depth of the seat cushion (24" or 25") and attach the back seat slat.
Then evenly space the remaining slats and attach. TIP: Place the center slat and attach, then center the remaining two slats.
Use 1-1/2" pocket holes and 2-1/2" pocket hole screws to attach the back support.
Fri, 07/08/2022 - 15:42
Putting this on my list of to do's
Loving the slant back. I imagine so much more comfortable than a straight back would be. Could this be expanded to 2 seat love seat or a 3 seat sofa?
In reply to Putting this on my list of to do's by Connie_W@msn.com
Sat, 07/09/2022 - 12:38
Thank you it is very…
Thank you it is very comfortable.
I haven't tested the loveseat size, my thoughts is it may need additional support, a fifth "leg" hidden in the center may be the solution
Sat, 07/09/2022 - 05:25
Nice and easy
Nice and easy, I have been looking for plans to replace chairs that the squirls have destroyed using recycled 2x4 and pallets, this is the one, thanks for sharing.