Free step by step woodworking plans to make an industrial style Farmhouse Table. Features metal stretcher and lots of details to make your table interesting and unique.
We also have matching bench plans available here.
6 - 1x6 @ 6 feet long
2 - 1x4 @ 8 feet long
2 - 2x4 @ 8 feet or stud length
2 - 1x2 @ 8 feet long
3 - 2x6 @ 8 feet long
3 - 2x2 @ 8 feet long
1 - Black Iron Pipe 60" long, both ends threaded Bolts/Caps and Washers for decorative touches
4 - 6" Black Bolts with washer and Nuts (1/4" would work fine)
- 4 - 1x4 @ 29 3/8" (Bevel both ends at 10 degrees off square, short point to long point)
- 4 - 1x2 @ 21 5/8" (Both ends cut at angle 10 degrees off square, short point to long point)
- 4 - 2x4 @ 29 3/8" (Bevel both ends at 10 degrees off square, short point to long point)
- 2 - 2x6 @ 28 1/2" (End Aprons)
- 2 - 2x4 @ 31" (Stretcher)
- 8 - 1x2 @ 4 1/4" (One end cut at 10 degree angle, longest point measurement)
- 4 - 1x2 @ 16 1/8 (cut to fit - spacer)
- 2 - 2x6 @ 45 1/4" (Side Aprons - short point to short point measurement, both ends cut at 10 degrees off square)
- 3 - 2x2 @ 20" (Supports)
- 2 - 2x2 @ 67" (Sides)
- 2 - 2x2 @ 30" (Ends)
- 2 - 2x4 @ 33"
- 2 - 1x4 @ 33"
- 6 - 1x6 @ 67 1/8" (cut to fit)
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
We'll start by making the legs. The most important part of the legs is getting your cuts right. Some of the cuts are bevels and some are angles, so pay attention in the diagrams. All angles will be ten degrees off square. Remember, you will need to assemble two sets of legs, and the legs are mirrors of each other. You can use finish nails and glue. Start by attaching the 1x4 to the top 1x2 as shown above.
Bolt the breadboard end on as shown above. Use 6" bolts with washers as done here.
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.