I had a few hiccups in the early stages building those X shaped bases. I relied a lot on eyeballing it and firmly holding things into place by hand. Very touch-and-go. I took them apart multiple times and rebuilt them.
I wasn't quite sure how to go about attaching the table top, and I finally decided that NOT attaching it was the way to go. I built some braces that firmly held the top onto the base without actually being attached permanently. This helped to move it into the house and will help in the future if we ever want to move it, as it's two very separate pieces.
After that it was pretty much smooth sailing. I had some issues with the staining, but that was largely due to the humidity in the area at the time. Once the temp cooled, the stain dried and all was fine.
From start to finish this project took me about two months, but I only worked on it once or twice per week for a few hours at a time. I'd say I spent 20-25 hours of actual time working on this.
I received 94 likes on Facebook for my project which I consider a win.