Build your own door spice rack for about $30 using basic tools and off the shelf lumber. Free step by step woodworking plans suitable for the beginner, from Ana-White.com
- 2 - 1x4 boards @ 10 feet long (can also use 3 - 1x4 @ 8 feet long if that's cheaper)
- 3 - 3/8" dowels @ 4 feet long
- 3/8" dowel buttons
- cup hooks
- 1/4" plywood for the back (2x4 sheet)
- You'll also need a 3/8" drill bit for drilling holes for dowels
- 2 - 1x4 @ 39" (Sides)
- 8 - 1x4 @ 19 1/2" (Top, Bottom and Shelves)
- 1 - 1/4" plywood @ 21" x 39"
- 6 - 3/8" dowels @ 20 1/2"
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.
We apologize if there was an error in this plan. Please help us out and report any errors here.