I needed chairs to go with the table I built the previous year. Thank you so much for sharing these plans. The plans are easy to follow and adaptable to any need.
I narrowed the seats to 17" wide and adjusted all measurements accordingly. I used a scroll saw for the backs, dark walnut stain and poly to finish. I was in a hurry so I managed to get all 12 chairs made, with off and on work, approx. 1 month.
I wouldn't suggest the water based poly, it dries way too fast and bubbles are a problem. I cut the first set of pieces and did a trial run to ensure they fit properly, then I cut and sanded all pieces for the remaining 11 chairs prior to assembly. I finish sanded again after assmbly was done.