We built this dog kennel as a donation to a fundraiser for our favorite dog rescue. It was auctioned off at the silent auction and all the money went to the dogs! :)
We used cheap furring strips for the majority of the project. We also had some leftover beadboard so we used that for the sides & back panel. We painted the base antique white and made a nice top out of some scrap lumber & old hardwood plywood. It took about an afternoon to assemble but another few days to sand and paint. We finished it while all 4 sides were separate to make it easier and it was still a pain to paint. This would be a great project to have a paint sprayer because it is sooo hard to avoid drips with this design.
The whole piece cost us almost nothing to make and we love how it turned out. We need to make ourselves one for our dogs!
The best part of this project was seeing it go home to someone who loves it and all the profits go to the Basset Hound Rescue!
Thanks Ana for the plans we couldn't have done it without you!