Submitted by DIYMomof4 on Wed, 09/12/2018 - 11:46

I am very pleased with how well this dresser turned out.  The plans are very well written and easy to follow.  I did make a happy error in the beginning.  I attached the bottom shelf 1-1/2 inches too low.  I then had an extra 1-1/2" gap that needed to be filled at the top.  I added a 1 by 2 under the drawer dividers slightly inset.  I then glued and brad nailed a pretty piece of molding flush to the front.  You can see this below the top drawers.  I also used a roman ogee bit around the top.  I used a 1960's router that my father past down to me.  This dresser has so much room for clothes and is very sturdy!  I purchased the plans on and I watched the video tutorials.   Thank you for the wonderful plans!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
birch plywood, select pine
Finish Used
I mixed in equal proportions Varathane's english chestnut and red chestnut classic wood stain. I then added 3 coats of General Finishes high performance water based top coat in satin. I lightly sanded in between the top coats with a fine sand paper.
Recommended Skill Level

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors