This is my first Ana-White project (first furniture project, for that matter). I used the Farmhouse Bed as inspiration and modified the headboard / footboard to be a little taller. Other differences are that I used larger side railings (2x10) and left off the decorative tops of the headboard / footboard. Pocket holes hide all of the attachments, and I found some amaing bed rail hangers so the bed can easily be disassembled in case we move. It's super sturdy and my wife is happy (the most important part)!
The stain was a product of error (the lighting makes it appear off color, it's really a faded grey / white). I started with Rustoleum's Weathered Wood Accelerator and really didn't like the uniformity, or lack there of, even after 2 coats (probably more because I wasn't super picky with my lumber and had various colors). I used a flat white paint I had to try to cover it - didn't love that and tried to wipe it off... when I wiped I ended up with the perfect finish (means I then had to stain the rest of the bed, paint and wipe to match). I then finished it with 3 coats of water-based matte finish Polycrylic (didn't need to sand in between applications and was told b/c it's water-based the finish won't yellow).