Ken and Matt's Cupboard

Newest Video! I love creating, here's what I'm up to!

Submitted by Kenndfan on Fri, 02/01/2013 - 05:55

We found two old windows with the original hardware. They were covered with chipping lead based paint so we pulled off what paint we could (safely). We then painted them over with oil based Kilz before the final coat. We then built the cupboard from there. We decided to go with a more rustic look since the windows were still a little rough. We applied a crackle finish in a few spots using white glue to add to the rustic texture.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$200
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
White Wood
Finish Used
Top and shelves Early American stain with satin poly coat. Sides first stained then painted with an interior semi gloss. A crackle finish applied randomly using white glue between staining and painting.
Recommended Skill Level
Beginner

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors