My kids we're spending the summer at their Dad's, so I wanted to surprise them by redoing their room. I've never built anything before, but I've found that I really love it!
I decided to take the advice of another builder and reduce the width by 1/2 in in order to get 2 toy boxes out of one 4x8 sheet of plywood. I also added a lid.
I tried to replicate a driftwood type paint finish by making a stain out of steel wool, and apple cider vinegar. After it was dry, I did a paint wash with a charcoal colored paint, then added a bit of cream paint to lighten it a bit, and dry brushed it on, I did this one more time making it even lighter, then wiped and blended. After the piece was dry, I waxed it using a dark wax made from Howards was paste and Minwax jacobean stain.
The inside is ombre painted too!
I really love the way they turned out!