Kitchen Remodel

Submitted by kablewi2 on Mon, 05/27/2013 - 19:47

These are the original cabinets that were built with the house in 1971. They had small drawers at the top and 2 shelves. They weren't very efficient storage. I pulled everything out of the cabinet, pulled off the facing (euro-style) and restructured them to have full size pull out trash and 6 nice large heavy duty drawers. The drawer fronts I made from alder wood based on a design I saw online.

Estimated Cost
$100 - $200
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Finish Used
walnut stain; artistic distressing; glaze made of the same walnut stain and black paint used on cabinets. I used a chisel, a hammer, an exacto knife, some nails and a rasp to distress the fronts.
Recommended Skill Level