After living in the basement with our young children for the first few years after moving into our new home, we were ready to claim the master bedroom on the main level. We made it a winter project and re-did the whole room (good-bye lavender walls). We made the headboard from Ana's "Reclaimed Headboard" plans and one of the night stands from the "Kentwood Nightstand" plans! We love the final look and saved ourselves a TON of cash in the process.
Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
I went for an aged look by painting them, stripping most of the paint off leaving a little white, then used a vinegar/steel wool solution to get the aged effect. The technique I used can be found at the following link http://beingbrook.com/rustic-headboard-aged-wood/
Recommended Skill Level