Modified Michaela's Kitchen Island

I tripped over some boards in my attic a few times before I realized how perfect they would be for my island! I planed, biscuited, poly'ed the boards and, along with a few other modifications, tada!! My new island! Love it. Now I just gotta get over the "new car smell" long enough to actually use it!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$150
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
Reclaimed flooring, stock framing lumber
Finish Used
White semi-gloss, poly
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate

Comments

JoanneS

Wed, 02/08/2012 - 18:33

Super job! You gave those floor boards a new life in a beautiful island. This is sure to become a family heirloom. :)

sally251251

Sat, 02/18/2012 - 21:58

Now on to some sort of cabinet to go against a 12 foot wall in my living room. I'm itching to try the vinegar / steel wool idea.... up and onward!