This dresser is for our 2-year-old, as part of his big-boy room. We'll also be making him a full-sized version of the twin cabin loft bed (just the bed on the floor with headboard/footboard - no loft).
This was our first non-beginner project, as well as our first time making drawers.....and we definitely underestimated how difficult drawers can be, even when you're constantly making sure everything is square!
I loved the original plan, but my husband thought it might be a bit easier on us beginners to do 4 equal-sized drawers, instead of 5 drawers in 2 different sizes. However, due to a mistake we made in the frame (that we chose not to correct), we didn't have 4 equal holes for the drawers to slide into :-( ..... and therefore needed to put the drawer fronts on the outside of the dresser. I wasn't happy about that at first, but felt like we made it work in the end.
We knew we were going to paint instead of stain, so we used various types of wood. We initially had 2x2s of a different wood type for the legs, but ended up removing them, and replacing with ripped down 2x4s, which seemed to make it sturdier, and were less bowed.