This was my first project. It took me a weekend to build and prime. Since I chose to use a crackle finish, waiting time between coats extended the total time to one full week. My husband and I were supposed to make this hutch together, but I became obsessed and did most of it alone! I adjusted the size a bit to make it larger, so I could fit big pieces on shelves and in cabinets. Thanks for the plan Ana!!
1. Killz2 latex primer (highly recommended)
2. Valspar interior satin finish, "Frontier Road" (this is the color that shows in the cracks)
3. Valspar weathered crackle glaze (a suggested substitute that costs less is Elmer's glue)
4. Valspar interior flat finish, "Churchill Hotel Lace" (must be a flat paint, this is the dominant color of your piece)
5. Valspar clear protector (also highly recommended to protect the finish you worked very hard to create, when you paint the same piece of furniture 5 times in one week your sanity will agree!)