Our Version of Michaela's Kitchen Island

We needed more counter space in our kitchen and I saw the plan for Michaela's kitchen island I thought it would be perfect. I asked my husband to alter it to fit our space. We used Poplar for the base and Walnut for the top. My husband planed and joined the walnut from rough cut boards. We then shellacked and polyed the top. On the bottom we used SW Urbane Bronze with a walnut stain over the top. I Love how it tuned out! Thanks for the great plans!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$200
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
Poplar and Walnut
Finish Used
Sherwin Williams Urbane Bronze with Floetrol as the base with a walnut stain over it and then the whole thing had poly over that.
Recommended Skill Level
Beginner

Comments

JoanneS

Fri, 08/16/2013 - 16:26

Your island is beautiful! Love the finish, and the walnut top is just gorgeous!