I took Patrick's design and expanded it. The dresser is deeper and has one more drawer than the original. The finish is only slightly distressed because that's how my 'client' wanted it. The drawer slides were the toughest part. The carcass MUST be square or at least very close. I built the whole thing, then tore the carcass apart and rebuilt it because my first attempt was not square enough. Obviously the drawers won't slide smoothly if it isn't square.
Edit: I get a lot of requests for the plans and/or cut list for my modifications. I do not feel comfortable re-posting the plans on my website and can not do it here either (only pictures can be uploaded). Please feel free to e-mail me (bbomerATgrvland.com) or request the plans in the comment section of my blog (linked below) and I will send you a .pdf that shows my modifications at each step.
Edit 2015-01-26: I do not believe that I am getting notifications for all the comments here, so please use one of the methods above.
Edit 2015-01-28: I have posted my alterations here: http://grvland.com/wordpress/2015/01/28/dresser-plan/. Please comment there with any questions, because I can not guarantee that I will get notified if you comment here.