My husband and I just finished this bed, as you can see from the photo, we haven't even bought the mattress yet. This was our first project, and it's amazing how quickly it went together. The Kreg Jig was a little expensive, but it was completely worth it.
Originally we were going to paint it white, but at the last minute we decided to make it pink. Right now it works great for a 'princessy' room, and because the color's pretty bright it should work well in a tween room when our daughter gets older - add some zebra throw pillows and we'll be good ;)
We're so happy with the results, and we can't believe our first project turned out so well. Now we have plans to do one for my son's room, and we're also planning on tackling a desk and a few more pieces for around the house.