This bed took me just about 2 weeks as I only worked on it roughly 2 hours a day. I had to convert the plans to work with platforms because we needed a platform bed. I used whatever wood was around the garage to make the platforms so they are a mix of different woods and sizes. I originally was going to have the platforms detach but I wanted the bed to come apart in as few pieces as possible, so I made the platforms part of the main box. So there are only 3 main pieces. Although I do have 2 pieces of wood for support under the bed, beneath the center beam. I also used bolts instead of screws so I could take it apart more easily. I did end up putting the arch in using my handheld jigsaw.
We love the bed and think it turned out great! Love this website!!