Slightly adjusted pocket hole plan

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Thu, 07/14/2016 - 17:37

We decided to adjust this plan by removing the stretchers on the bottom. We knew we wanted to use the ends of the table for seating fairly regularly without adding a leaf on the end. The lack of support doesn't seem to have any effect on the sturdiness of the table. This was a super fun (and first woodworking) project! Can't wait to knock out the bench!

Estimated Cost
We spent around $85 total on materials. (This is not including tools I bought for the project.) I purchased a Kreg Jig for around $40 and a 6" Kreg clamp for $35. This was a great investment, not only for this project, but also more projects down the road.
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
Pine for the 2x6 and 2x8 boards and Cedar for the 4x4 legs. (it was the only untreated 4x4 we could find)
Finish Used
The legs and apron were a painted with a Valspar Ultra White chalk paint. If you have the option to buy anything other than cedar 4x4's for you legs, DO IT!. Cedar soaked up so much paint and made it hard to get the clean, white look we were going for. The top is a stain color called Kona made by Rust-Oleum. We used about 3/4 of an 8oz can. We sealed it with Minwax Polycrylic Protective Finish.
Recommended Skill Level
Starter Project