Stacy Daybed

Newest Video! I love creating, here's what I'm up to!

Submitted by Dave1344 on Wed, 03/25/2015 - 14:52

My daughter needed a new bed and I needed a project, so we headed to ana-white.com to find a plan that filled both of our needs.  We settled on the Stacy Daybed and got to work.

I followed the plans pretty much on par, but made a few minor changes to make it easier to take apart and put back together. You can also see that I added width to the legs in front, allowing the weight of the sleeper to set on the legs instead of being supported solely by the furniture bolts and metal thread inserts I used to hold it together.  I duplicated this in back to keep the design balanced.

This project was fun and challenging and the plans were very easy to follow as well as modify to my needs. 

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$100
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
Pine
Finish Used
Dutch Boy Antique White. I used a 4 inch roller for the frame and flat parts, but needed to brush on all the angles. It was time consuming, but turned out really nice.
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors