We had a blast making this dollhouse for Christmas!
It was a pretty easy build. I was nervous about the angles at first but it ended up being easy. I think the hardest part was choosing colors!
We used very thin trim to make crown moulding and floor board trim too. I think that makes it look more "real". THis picture was before we installed the stairs... The worst part of the stairs was sanding all those stinking pieces! Otherwise it was a piece of cake!
For furniture I have used a lot of scrap 1x2 and 1x3 and kept it very basic and simple. For details and fun stuff, I have used the amazing blog MyFroggyStuff.blogspot.com. SHe takes items you were about to toss out and makes them into Barbie treasures. Truly amazing stuff!
For everything else, I used craft paint because it comes in small bottles for under a dollar and I wanted to go very colorful. Some rooms are wallpapered with very thick scrapbook paper. I tried mod podge but it wrinkled a lot. So instead I used spray adhesive to stick it down and then only mod podged OVER it and then sealed it with a spray sealer.