Cali King Modified Head/Foot Boards

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Mon, 05/01/2017 - 09:20

After showing my wife the plans, she did not like that flat top so I did some drawings until she liked what I had. I Modified the plans so that we could get what we liked. I used all 2" lumber instead of 1" because I wanted it to be nice and heavy. Raised the base of the side rails by 3" so that there would be more ground clearance, and used plywood under the slats so that we didnt need to use a box spring. I think it came out well.

Estimated Cost
$300
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
Yellow Pine
Finish Used
1 Coat of Minwax Provincial Stain
1 Coat of Spar Varnish Satin
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors