First of all...I need to talk to my photographer sister (kaylajphoto.com) and learn how to take better photos! Our two girl's 3 and 5 share a room and I could not finish these beds fast enough!
They are higher because we have yet to build trundle or storage for underneath. I also made the little chair (just kind of winged it and modified as I went), and shelving that is by the footboard.
With a repurposed side table, new curtains, and a chandelier, I couldn't be happier with the end result! My next task is a cute vertical chalkboard piece above the table. :-)
1. Sanded and primed white
2. Medium Brown spray paint as a base coat
3. 2-3 coats of Heirloom White Spray paint
4. Distress with sand paper
5. Valspar mocha glaze (dry for 3-4 days)
6. Valspar opal pearlescent glaze (cure for 1 week)
7. 3 coats of lacquer clear gloss spray paint.
Bought hardware for the rails from www.Rockler.com for $12.99 and SO worth it!
Galvanized Steel Bed Rail Fasteners
NOW $13.59 @http://www.rockler.com/product.cfm?page=11