I made a chair!

Submitted by KiminTX on Sat, 07/04/2015 - 13:04

I needed a couple of chairs to go with the Farmhouse Table and bench I made, but it made me ill to spend more on chairs than on the table and bench! So I thought I'd give this chair a try. I figured if it didn't turn out, at least I hadn't spent much to try (around $8 because I had a scrap of plywood). Boy, did it turn out! I modified the pattern by taking 2" off the front to back measurements and the side to side measurements. I used 3 1x4s for the back, and 3/4" plywood for the seat, and I didn't add the bottom rungs because I'd like the option of putting it over the cross supports on the farmhouse table. I sanded the tar out of the plywood, because with 5 kids, upholstering these chairs would be a joke. Primed and painted in colonial red.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
Estimated Time Investment
Afternoon Project (3-6 Hours)
Finish Used
Rust oleum American Accents Gloss Colonial Red
Recommended Skill Level