more details on my blog.
I built 2 of the laundry dressers. adjusted the placement of my baskets due to restrictions in the overall height of my unit (I have a ironing board cabinet built into 1 wall that I still wanted to be able to open and use :)
I used MDF, but it was a bear to work with and next time I would spend the extra $$ on birch.
i painte the bottom in a semi gloss. and plan to add the doors (which will have a beadboard backing) they will be painted white with a dark walnut glaze.
The top and shelf /brackets are all done in a distressed finish with ebony and mahogany stain mixed then 2 coats of poly
very sturdy even filled!