Modified this to fit my bunny!

Submitted by Anonymous (not verified) on Wed, 12/28/2016 - 15:48

I used Ana's plans, but switched things around a little as I went. I wanted something fancy for my bunny to hang in when I'm not home. The biggest modification I made for a bunny was the bottom. I wasn't happy with the stability of the chicken wire even though my bunny is just a few pounds. I used a more solid plastic called plaskolite ( you can find it in the lighting section of Lowes) We are planning on adding levels for the bunny as well as a cloroplast tray to fit the bottom since bunny poo can get stinky. We took about 2 weeks to complete this project and it was definitely a learning experience! We also tried to cut costs by getting some of the wook and backing from Habitat for Humanity! 

 

We also made the little bed with the leftover wood from this project :-)

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Finish Used
We used a chalk paint and painted everything BEFORE we added the doors and hardware. Then we distressed it a bit with some sandpaper.
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors