My version of the Shirley table

This project was done casually over a series of weekends.

I used the base plan for the Shirley Console table and modified it by using 2x2s instead of the 1x2s and changed the lengths to fit in a space between my sets of stairs. The drawers were easier to install than I first thought, however I should have placed the slides up a little further up than I did (I should have researched it a tad more.) For the drawers I found some knobs from Anthropologie that seemed to fit well with the personality of the table.

I'm a hobbyist but I am very pleased with the end result and wanted to share - this site has been a real inspiration for me and was the push to try something I'd always wanted to but was not confident enough to do. Thank you, Ana.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
Wood $40, Stain $30, Knobs $16
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Finish Used
Two coatings of Saman Azure blue stain for frame, one coat of minwax dark walnut stain. Two coats of Poly satin. Stain was applied using sponge then wiped off with rag.
Recommended Skill Level