Numbered Cubbies

Submitted by kari on Sun, 08/28/2011 - 15:16

Like so many others, I saw this and had to have one of my own. It was cute and quick - perfect! I had the same height issues that others had. The center supports are too tall for the 1x2 and 1x3 on the front. I wound up using all 1x3's, 2 on the front and 3 on the back. Because the cubbies came out a bit deeper, I thought I would try it as a utensil holder in the kitchen. Cute, huh.

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
less than $10
Estimated Time Investment
Afternoon Project (3-6 Hours)
Finish Used
I tried Ana's antique finish. The first layer I spray painted black. I didn't know if Ana sprayed or brushed on the white, but I brushed on mine. Painted the numbers on, then distressed it a bit.
Recommended Skill Level