Our twin elevated gardens

Here's our planters, and they're our first carpentry projects! We found that there were cost efficiencies when building 2 units. We also opted for nut and bolt attachments for the legs instead of making pocket holes…mainly because I don't have the guides for making pocket holes. Seems to work fine, although I do still need to get a saw that I can cut off the excess bolt length on the inside (see pics). Perhaps next time I should trust my measurements and buy the correct bolt length.

Ended up costing about $250. Slightly more than the cost of ready-to-build planters at home depot, but those weren't elevated and not nearly as heavy duty or as large. Well worth the investment of both time and money, and a great starter project for beginners. Good luck to you all!

-Don and Staci

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
250
Estimated Time Investment
Weekend Project (10-20 Hours)
Type of Wood
Pine
Finish Used
Only a light red stain on the exterior as we didn't want the chemicals to invade our vegetables. Ended up with a very nice orange hue when the red stain combined with the pine's natural yellow coloring.
Recommended Skill Level
Starter Project

Free Plans Made Possible By Our Sponsors