Build your own twin bed frame, our free woodworking plans make it easy!
We love this 2x4 and 2x6 bed. It's sturdy and cute and easy and inexpensive to make. And we also love it under our matching Camp Loft bed - so you can create a bunk bed with stairs system for shared rooms.
- 6 - 2x4 @ 8 feet or 92-5/8" stud length
- 1 - 2x6 @ 12 feet long (can cut in half for transport)
- 50 - 2-1/2" self tapping wood screws
- 20 - 2" self tapping wood screws or brad nails (used for attaching slats)
- 2 - 2x4 @ 44"
- 2 - 2x4 @ 23"
- 2 - 2x6 @ 38"
- 3 - 2x4 @ 38"
- 2 - 2x4 @ 76-1/2"
- 2 - 2x6 @ 71"
- 10 - 1x4 @ 38" - slats - can use other materials or omit for a bunkie board or box springs
Cut boards with a miter saw (recommended) or a circular saw using a straight edge as a guide. Straight cuts are very important to the success of your project.