Build the perfect play table for your littles.
Sized perfectly for young children to do activities, play games and schoolwork. We love this trestle table with it's large top, and open shelf on the bottom. It's easy to store craft supplies in the shelf. Our free plans include step by step diagrams, shopping lists and cut list.
Also shown: Four dollar kids chair plans
- 1 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long - pick a good one!
- 1 - 1x12 @ 4 feet long
- 1 - 1x3 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 1x2 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 2x2 @ 8 feet long
- 24" x 48" sheet of 3/4" plywood or other project board measuring at least 24" x 41" (tabletop)
- 4 - 2x4 @ 22" - Both ends cut at 15 degrees off square, ends are parallel
- 4 - 1x2 @ 11 1/4" (End Cleats)
- 1 - 1x12 @ 30 1/2" (Shelf)
- 2 - 1x3 @ 30 1/2" (Shelf Trim)
- 2 - 2x2 @ 33 1/2" (Top Supports)
- 1 - 3/4" plywood or other sheet goods @ 24" x 41" (Top)
When you cut your legs at an angle, reuse cuts by simple sliding the board down. It'll save board.
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.