Build your own mini sized picnic table with our free plans. This toddler or preschool sized picnic table is one of the most popular plans. Due to the simple design, easy building instructions, and perfect sizing for littles, thousands of these tables have been built! We love this table as a gift too!
- 1 - 1x6 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 1x6 @ 6 feet long
- 3 - 1x3 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 1x2 @ 3 feet long
- 1 1/4″ self tapping star bit screws (about 50)
- interior/exterior wood filler
- 120 grit sandpaper
- exterior appropriate wood stain
- 5 – 1×6 @ 31″ (Tabletop and Seat Pieces)
- 2 – 1×3 @ 17 1/2″ (Under Table Supports) *
- 1 – 1×3 @ 26 1/2″ (Center Support)
- 4 – 1×3 @ 22″, both ends cut at 30 degrees off square, long point to short point measurement, ends ARE parallel (Legs)
- 2 – 1×3 @ 35-1/2″ (Seat Stringer) *
- 2 - 1x2 @ 14-12", both ends cut at 45 degrees off square, long point to long point measurements, ends are NOT parallel (Cross Supports)
*Ends are clipped at 45 degrees to soften edges, see in diagrams
General Instructions. Work on a clean level surface and use proper safety precautions. Check for square after each step. Predrill and countersink all screws.
Cut the ends of the tabletop supports back at 45 degrees as shown to soften edges.
Attach the center tabletop support to the two ends to make an I shaped support system.
Adjust for square, meaning the outside corner diagonal measurements match - this is to ensure your project is a rectangle and NOT a parallelogram.
Finishing. Fill screw holes with wood filler, sand and finish as desired.