Build your own outdoor storage bench for about $40! This is an easy to build project plans created by Ana-White.com
Pin For Later!
Dimensions shown in diagram
- 7 - cedar fence pickets 5-1/2" wide x 72" long, not dogeared (can also use 1x6 boards)
- 1 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 1x2 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - 1x3 @ 8 feet long
- 1 - Set of hinges, suitable for exterior use
- 8 - 2-1/2" long exterior self tapping screws (recommend star bit) I used these
- 80 - 1-1/4" long exterior self tapping screws (recommend star bit) I used these
NOTE: Can substitute the 1-1/4" long screws for staples or brad nails in matching lengths
- 6 - 2x4 @ 15-3/4" - Frame boards
- 9 - 5-1/2" wide cedar fence pickets or 1x6 boards @ 35-3/4" - Front and Back Paneling
- 10 - 5-1/2" wide cedar fence pickets or 1x6 boards @ 15-3/4" - End Paneling and Floor Slats
- 2 - 1x2 @ 34-3/4" (may need to measure and cut to fit) - Cleats
- 2 - 1x3 @ 15-1/2" - Lid supports
- 2 - 1x2 @ 12-3/4" - Floor slats
Cut the longest boards first from the cedar fence pickets
Mon, 07/20/2020 - 15:26
Great plans as always. Would it be too much hassle to post metric plans too? Too difficult for us to follow in metric world. : (
Fri, 07/24/2020 - 15:00
Hi there 😊 could you please…
Hi there 😊 could you please tell me what size hinges you used? Mine were either too big or too small! Also the decking stain, was it clear?
Tue, 07/28/2020 - 23:13
Love your Post
Great photos ! I noticed companies are now going to buy instagram followers and likes to get a bigger audience. I have tried it and seems to work. Ill be coming back to check out more of your blogs.
Mon, 08/10/2020 - 10:25
Thanks Ana for sharing this…
Thanks Ana for sharing this plan. I was able to make one.