Build the Rustic X Entryway Bench. This beautiful and sturdy bench is perfect in the entryway, at the foot of the bed, or anywhere you might need a beautiful bench with storage. You'll love our free step by step plans with diagrams and shopping and cut list.
- 2 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long
- 3 - 2x6 @ 8 feet or stud length (whatever is cheaper)
- 1 - 1x12 @ 6 feet long
- 4 - 2x2 @ 8 feet long
- If you have a brad nailer, 2" brad nails would make construction easier but is not required
- 6 - 2x4 @ 16-1/2" - legs
- 8 - 2x2 @ 30" - aprons
- 1 - 1x12 @ 63-1/2" - bottom shelf
- 5 - 2x4 @ 11-1/4" - side supports - adjust this length to match the width of your 1x12 boards
- 3 - 2x6 @ 74-1/2" - top
- 2x2 Xs should be cut to fit the openings
The best way to cut boards is with a compound miter saw. But you can also use a circular saw or jigsaw - just make sure your cuts are straight and square. Using a straight edge as a guide can really help.
You'll also need to use a circular saw to make the angled cuts in the legs if your miter saw cannot cut these angles.
To avoid setting your Kreg Jig multiple times, I recommend drilling 3/4" pocket holes around the sides of your 1x12 shelf first, pocket holes about every 8".
Then set your Kreg Jig for 1-1/2" thick material and proceed with the plan.
Join the top boards together with a 1-1/2" pocket hole and 2" pocket hole screw every 12".
Attach completed top to the base with even overhangs on all sides.