Build the Rustic X Entryway Bench. This beautiful and sturdy bench is perfect in the entryway, at the foot of the bed, or anywhere you might need a beautiful bench with storage. You'll love our free step by step plans with diagrams and shopping and cut list.
- 2 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long
- 3 - 2x6 @ 8 feet or stud length (whatever is cheaper)
- 1 - 1x12 @ 6 feet long
- 4 - 2x2 @ 8 feet long
- If you have a brad nailer, 2" brad nails would make construction easier but is not required
- 6 - 2x4 @ 16-1/2" - legs
- 8 - 2x2 @ 30" - aprons
- 1 - 1x12 @ 63-1/2" - bottom shelf
- 5 - 2x4 @ 11-1/4" - side supports - adjust this length to match the width of your 1x12 boards
- 3 - 2x6 @ 74-1/2" - top
- 2x2 Xs should be cut to fit the openings
The best way to cut boards is with a compound miter saw. But you can also use a circular saw or jigsaw - just make sure your cuts are straight and square. Using a straight edge as a guide can really help.
You'll also need to use a circular saw to make the angled cuts in the legs if your miter saw cannot cut these angles.
To avoid setting your Kreg Jig multiple times, I recommend drilling 3/4" pocket holes around the sides of your 1x12 shelf first, pocket holes about every 8".
Then set your Kreg Jig for 1-1/2" thick material and proceed with the plan.
Join the top boards together with a 1-1/2" pocket hole and 2" pocket hole screw every 12".
Attach completed top to the base with even overhangs on all sides.
We apologize if there was an error in this plan. Please help us out and report any errors here.