Build your own outdoor benches to match our Sawhorse Outdoor Table Plans.
Free step by step plans with diagrams from Ana-White.com
5 - 2x4 @ 8 feet long
1 - 2x6 @ 8 feet long
- 4 - 2x4 @ 15 1/2" long (both ends cut at 10 degree double bevel ends ARE parallel)
- 2 - 2x4 @ 15 1/4" long, both ends cut at 10 degree ANGLE off square, ends ARE parallel (not a double bevel like the end legs)
- 3 - 2x4 @ 5 5/8" long (longest point, both ends cut at 10 degrees off square, ends NOT parallel)
- 3 - 2x4 @ 12 1/2" long (both ends cut at 45 degree bevel, ends NOT parallel)
- 2 - 2x4 @ 88"
- 1 - 2x6 @ 88"
- 2 - 2x4 @ 32 1/4" (one end cut at 25 degree bevel, other at 17 degree bevel, cut in same bevel direction)
Please read through the entire plan and all comments before beginning this project. It is also advisable to review the Getting Started Section. Take all necessary precautions to build safely and smartly. Work on a clean level surface, free of imperfections or debris. Always use straight boards. Check for square after each step. Always predrill holes before attaching with screws. Use glue with finish nails for a stronger hold. Wipe excess glue off bare wood for stained projects, as dried glue will not take stain. Be safe, have fun, and ask for help if you need it. Good luck!
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.