Build your own wooden ladder shelf with just 1x3s and 1x8s. You can easily customize the size and the finish to fit your home. It's perfect for towels, baskets and toiletries, or throughout your home.
Our free step by step plans with diagrams make it easy. From Ana-White.com
- 5 – 1x3 @ 8 feet long (cut longest cuts first)
- 9 linear feet of 1x8 board
- 1-1/4” pocket hole screws or 2” self tapping screws
- 1-1/4” brad nails or staples
- 2 – 1x3 @ 58”
- 4 – 1x3 @ 15”
- 2 – 1x3 @ 60” – both ends cut at 15 degrees off square, long point to short point measurement, ends ARE parallel
- 5 – 1x3 @ 16-1/2”
Cut all of your boards according to the cut list. Cut longest lengths first to ensure best use of material.
On angled front legs, set miter saw to 15 degrees on the deck, and cut both ends parallel, overall length is measured along same edge, long point to short point.
After angled front legs are cut, measure in 1-3/4” from short side and use a square to mark back of leg. Cut off with a jig saw.