Finally finished my first build! This was initially meant to just be a file cabinet but by the time I got a little over half way through we got rid of our huge office desk to make a guest room and decided that I should a top to the file cabinet to make a small desk to go in our living room. It's a perfect fit! This definitely took me longer than I had expected thanks to a lot of cold or wet days, a busy schedule and a lack of a garage. If it wasn't light out and dry I couldn't work. In addition, since this was my first build, I had to learn a lot of skills, buy a lot of new tools (Christmas helped) and fix a lot of mistakes (not to mention the untold number of trips to the hardware store). However I am so excited about how well this turned out I am already halfway through building a set of night stands and my "to-do" list is very, very long!
Top was pretreated with a Minwax Pre-stain Wood Conditioner, then stained with Cabot "Tannery" x 2 then finished with 3 coats of Minwax Fast-Drying Polyurethane.