This bed took us a long time to make as my husband and I worked on it on weeknights and weekends when our daughter napped. We spent a lot of time making the plan/design, picking our materials and determining how to assemble and finish it. Thankfully, we actually finished it (completely) the day before we ended up having our second child - just in time!
We used the measurements of the Lydia Toddler Bed but our design was based more on the Lydia Daybed/Queen Bed. For instance, we used 1x3s and 1x2s for the legs instead of the 2x2s in the Toddler plans. We also used a solid piece of the Purebond formaldehyde free plywood to get a clean look for the headboard/footboard pieces.