Build your own outdoor sectional out of 2x4s! This plan is for the One Arm Sofa.
Here's Some Tips to Build Better Outdoor Furniture
Want to build better outdoor furniture? Over the twenty years I've been building, maintaining, and enjoying my own outdoor furniture, I've learned a few tips that can help build longer lasting furniture.
- (5) 2X4 @ 12 FEET LONG - CUT THE 70-1/2" AND 72" LONG PIECES FROM THESE BOARDS
- (4) 2X4 @ 8 FEET LONG - CUT THE REST OF THE BOARDS FROM THESE BOARDS
- 2-3/4" SELF TAPPING EXTERIOR DECK SCREWS
- EXTERIOR GRADE GLUE
- (3) 2x4 @ 70-1/2"
- (10) 2x4 @ 25-1/2" (includes back support)
- (1) 2x4 @ 12-1/2"
- (6) 2x4 @ 72"
- (1) 2x4 @ 70-3/4" (back support--cut to fit)
- (1) 2x4 @ 28-1/2" (top arm piece)
Use glue at all joints.
It is always recommended to apply a test coat on a hidden area or scrap piece to ensure color evenness and adhesion. Use primer or wood conditioner as needed.