Submitted by DIYMomof4 on Wed, 09/12/2018 - 11:46

I am very pleased with how well this dresser turned out.  The plans are very well written and easy to follow.  I did make a happy error in the beginning.  I attached the bottom shelf 1-1/2 inches too low.  I then had an extra 1-1/2" gap that needed to be filled at the top.  I added a 1 by 2 under the drawer dividers slightly inset.  I then glued and brad nailed a pretty piece of molding flush to the front.  You can see this below the top drawers.  I also used a roman ogee bit around the top.  I used a 1960's router that my father past down to me.  This dresser has so much room for clothes and is very sturdy!  I purchased the plans on fixthisbuildthat.com and I watched the video tutorials.   Thank you for the wonderful plans!

Built from Plan(s)
Estimated Cost
$300
Estimated Time Investment
Week Long Project (20 Hours or More)
Type of Wood
birch plywood, select pine
Finish Used
I mixed in equal proportions Varathane's english chestnut and red chestnut classic wood stain. I then added 3 coats of General Finishes high performance water based top coat in satin. I lightly sanded in between the top coats with a fine sand paper.
Recommended Skill Level
Intermediate