A friend found Ana-White, found the plans and asked if I could build this for her. I'm still new to building, so this was a great, easy project to work on. I went with slightly less expensive boards/furring strips. It means more searching/digging though.
Jaime_C mentioned having to use boards on the back to brace/even up the face boards as much as possible so I did this as well.
We were very happy with the finish. She painted a couple of coats of the base color (antique beige) then we glazed the headboard. We thought about distressing but the practice board looked great without it. I wiped on the glaze and she followed wiping it off to get the look she wanted. The picture really does the finish no justice.
Great plans, easy to follow and fun to build.