The plans for this table were easy to follow (thanks Ana!!!) We used pine for our project and it turned out so pretty. We have not built the benches yet but I will update when we do. The project took about us about 6 hrs. to assemble...however you should keep in mid that applying the stain and polyurethane might be the most time consuming part of the project. We used 4 coats of stain and 6 of the poly. We let the final coat cure for about 48 hrs. I added drawer handles to the ends and sides for decoration and functionality (to move the table). The hubby insisted on using extra bolts on the legs for reinforcement...so I indulged him. He is still getting used to my love of anything rustic or distressed.
Rust-Oleum stain in Early American for the table top
Rust-Oleum Polyurethane 6 coats